The newest movie in the Cars franchise will be hitting the theater this Friday and what I want to tell you is GO SEE IT! It was a great movie with a wonderful theme, or should a say more than one theme? It was push yourself, don’t listen to the other people telling you that you can’t do it. Also there was the theme of doing things for other, so the counterpart to the people telling you can’t do it. Friends pulling together to “help” their friend.
There were a few parts of the film that reminded me of earlier Disney movies. Jackson Storm for example, Lighting McQueen’s nemesis, reminds me of TRON. Folks nearing retirement age will find Cars 3 rather poignant. Lightning McQueen proves just because your older doesn’t mean you have no purpose in life. You can enjoy the things you do, just maybe in a new or different way.
Full of action and motivational messages,Cars 3 is sporting a “G” rating. A great family flick to be enjoyed by young and old alike!
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!
Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“) and produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on June 16, 2017.
• “Cars” (2006) and “Cars 2” (2011) took in more than $1 billion in combined worldwide box office.
• “Cars” won a Golden Globe® for best animated feature film and two Annie Awards for best animated feature and best music in an animated feature production. Composer Randy Newman won a Grammy® for best song written for motion picture, television or other visual media (“Our Town”). The film was nominated for an Oscar® for best animated feature film, as well as best achievement in music written for motion pictures, original song (“Our Town”).
• “Cars 2” was nominated for a Golden Globe® for best animated feature film, in addition to a host of other industry nominations.
- I was invited to the Chicago screening of Cars 3. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Judy Roszkowski (see all)
- Race, Don’t Walk to Your Local Theater – Cars 3 Review - June 15, 2017
- Where Have Vacations Gone? - May 21, 2017
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Review - March 15, 2017